Advt. No.: 11/2017.CDS-II
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites Application for the post of Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017 in 414 Vacancy. Apply Online before 08 September 2017. Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
UPSC Job Details:
1.Post Name: Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017
No of Vacancy: 414 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100/-
Grade Pay: Rs.5400/-
Name of the Course & No. of Vacancies:
- Indian Military Academy: 100 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy: 45 Posts
- Air Force Academy: 32 Posts
- Officers’ Training Academy: 225 Posts
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Terms and Conditions:
1.Candidates selected for training at the Indian Naval Academy will be appointed as Cadets under the Graduate Cadet Special Entry Scheme (GSES) Course. The Selection of the cadets is based on the candidate qualifying in the Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE), followed by SSB interview and Medical Examination. Meritorious candidates who are medically fit are appointed to the 45 vacancies in the order of merit. Six of these 45 vacancies are reserved for Naval NCC “C’ Certificate holding candidates under the NCC Special Entry Scheme.
2.Selection of Cadets from the National Cadet Corps. The eligibility, age-limits, educational qualifications for candidates applying under the NCC Special Entry Scheme are the same as the GSES candidates except for the following:
- A NCC Cadet must have served for not less than two academic years in the Senior Division, Naval Wing of the National Cadet Corps, and must be in possession of Certificate”C” (Naval). Those who have appeared or intend to appear for certificate “C” examination are also eligible to apply but their final selection shall depend on producing the Certificate before the commencement of the course.
- The NCC Cadet must be in possession of a certificate of good conduct and character from his University or Principal of his College.
- A NCC Cadet shall not be eligible to apply after twelve months of leaving the Senior Division, Naval Wing of the National Cadet Corps.
- In order to apply, a cadet must submit his application to his Officer Commanding, N.C.C Unit, Naval Wing, who shall forward it through the Circle Commander concerned to the N.C.C. Directorate, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi. The N.C.C. Directorate will forward the applications to the Chief of the Naval Staff. The applications shall be submitted on the prescribed form. These forms will be available at all N.C.C. Units.
How to Apply UPSC Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply online through UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in form 09.08.2017 to 08.09.2017 till 23.59 hrs thereafter website link will be disabled.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 09.08.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 08.09.2017
Last Date for Submission of Application fee by Challan: 07.08.2017
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form