Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES)
NIOT Campus, Velachery-Tambaram Main Road
Integrated Coastal and Marine Area Management – Project Directorate, (ICMAMPD), Chennai an attached office of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), established in 1998, has been implementing various projects in coastal research to provide systematic information, solutions and services for effective management of coastal areas.
Applications are invited for filling up of temporary project positions for various activities such as “Sea Water Quality Monitoring”, “Ecosystem Services and Management”, “Seawater Quality Criteria and Ecological Risk Assessment”, “Prediction of Water Quality”, “Coastal Processes, Shoreline Mapping & Management”, “Coastal Vulnerability & Capacity building” and “Coastal Resource Assessment and Management” at ICMAM-PD, Chennai, initially for a period of one year extendable till 31.03.2020 based on performance.
MOES Job Details:
1.Post Name: Project Scientist- (B, C & D)
No. of Vacancy: 51 posts
Pay Scale: Rs.43000/- or Rs.46000/- or Rs.50000/- (per month)
2.Post Name: Technical Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 03 posts
Pay Scale: Rs.27000/- (per month)
3.Post Name: Field Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 08 posts
Pay Scale: Rs.25000/- (per month)
- Date of birth as recorded in the 10th standard (SSLC/Matriculation) Mark sheet / Transfer Certificate / Certificate of Domicile / Birth Certificate issued by competent authority will be accepted as proof of age.
- The appointment / extension of service of the project positions will be for a period of 1year and, thereafter, it may likely to be extended.
- The place of posting will be Chennai or at any other location in India including Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands.
- Applicant should be willing to undertake field data collection programs, participation in small boats/ fishing trawlers/research vessels for oceanographic survey.
- A panel of candidates will be maintained for any vacancies that may arise in future.
- The link for online Application is available at http://www.icmam.gov.in/rect1.htm. Applicant has to fill the online application and upon submission, each application will be assigned a system generated reference number. Applicant has to take printout of the submitted application, duly signed and send to ICMAM- PD, with the requisite self attested copies of certificates and documents. Also, ensure that the system generated Reference number is printed in the hard copy application form, before sending the application.
- If there is any difficulties in the process of submitting online application, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with sufficient details.
- Number of years of experience will be counted after the year of award of qualifying degree as evidenced from the experience certificates.
- Applications without the requisite certificates, passport size photograph and signature of the applicant will be summarily rejected. Passport size color photo may be affixed in the hard copy application, if the photo is not uploaded online. Original certificates should not be sent with the application form.
- In case a particular University / Institution does not have any criteria of first class or equivalence, 60% will be taken as equivalent to first class. In case of non-availability of conversion formula, CGPA/CPU of 6.75 (on 10 point scale) will be taken as equivalent to 60% as per AICTE guidelines. For any other point scale of CGPA/CPI, the equivalence may vary proportionally.
- Candidates serving in Central / State Governments / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous bodies etc. should apply through proper channel. If candidates apply directly their selection will be subject to clearance from their Departments/ Organizations / Institutions.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
- Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the posts, and the vacancies available, the Screening Committee may restrict the number of candidates for interview by fixing suitable norms, as deem fit.
How to Apply MOES Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply online through the website www.icmam.gov.in from 21-02-2018 to 14-03-2018 & send their hard copy of online application along with relevant certificates send to the Head, ICMAM Project Directorate, Ministry of Earth Sciences, 2nd Floor, NIOT Campus, Velachery-Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai 600100 on or before 21.03.2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 21.02.2018
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 14.03.2018
Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of Application: 21.03.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form