Advt. No.: 001/2017
Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar
Temporary Campus (TempCamp), Zila School Campus
Motihari–845401, District–East Champaran, Bihar
The Mahatma Gandhi Central University is a new Central University established by an Act of Parliament which became functional w.e.f. 3rd February 2016.
The University is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed faculty members who believe in institution-building and have a passion for academic excellence through teaching and quality research. Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible and suitable Indian Nationals for filling-up of teaching positions at the level of Professor and Associate Professor in various disciplines on regular/reemployment after superannuation basis. The Last Date for submission of applications complete in all respects is 27th June 2017.
Brief details of these vacant teaching positions at the level of Professor and Associate Professor are as under:
MGCU Job Details:
1.Post Name: Professor
No. of Vacancy: 14 Posts
2.Post Name: Associate Professor
No. of Vacancy: 20 Posts
Educational Qualification: Master’s Degree Programme in relevant disciplines.
- The qualifications, Pay Scales and other conditions for the advertised teaching positions shall be in accordance with UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 (herein after referred to as UGC Regulations 2010) and its subsequent amendments issued in year 2011/2013/2016 published in the Gazette of India, and are subject to any future regulations/norms, including amendments in the present regulations stipulated by the MHRD/UGC applicable to such recruitments, which may change from time to time.
- The application form must be accompanied by additional sheets (wherever required) and enclosures giving details of academic qualifications, experience, published work etc.
- A relaxation of 5% (i.e., from 60% to 55% for Management discipline and 55% to 50% for rest of the disciplines) may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled)/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate to be called for Interview.
- The decision of the Selection Committee/University shall be final in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of examination process, allotment of examination centres, selection and allotment of posts etc.
- In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that the candidates don’t fulfil the eligibility norms and/or that they have suppressed/twisted or truncated any material facts, their candidature shall stand cancelled without assigning any reason and notice to the candidate. If any of these shortcomings is detected even after appointment, their services shall be liable to be terminated and he/she shall be liable for criminal proceedings.
- The character of a person for direct recruitment to the service must be such as to render him/her suitable in all respect for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government or by a Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government will be deemed to be ineligible for appointment.
- No person shall be recruited unless he/she is in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his official duties. Before a candidate recruited directly is finally approved for appointment to the establishment he shall be required to produce a medical certificate of physical fitness from whom the appointing authority specifies.
How to Apply MGCU Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply in prescribed application along with copy of relevant documents & envelop superscribed Application for the post of ……….”. send to OSD (Administration) Mahatma Gandhi Central University Temporary Campus (TempCamp) Zila School Campus, Motihari District – East Champaran Bihar – 845 401 (INDIA) on or before 27.06.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Application: 27.06.2017
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form