Advertisement No. IOCL/MKTG/WR/APPR./2017
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage Apprentices at its Operating Locations in
Western India in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Chhattisgarh and UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
Applications are invited from candidates meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement as
Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended from time to time) in the Trade/Discipline mentioned
A. Educational Qualification, Provisional Number of seats in Apprentice category including likely reservation shall
be as follows. The consolidated stipend payable shall be as mentioned below or as revised (under the Act) from
time to time (whichever is higher). Reservation will be applicable as per the prescribed percentage for
recruitment applicable to the state where Apprentices are engaged.
IOCL Job Details:
1.Post Name: Trade Apprentice
No of Vacancy: 331 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.2500/- (Per Month)
Educational Qualification: Matric with 2(Two) year ITI in relevant Trades OR 3 Years full time B.Sc (Physics, Maths, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry) or 3 years full time, regular/ sandwich Diploma in relevant engineering.
- The Corporation shall have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices during and/or after the completion of the apprenticeship period.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application and apply online from 03.11.2017 to 13.11.2017. Candidates are requested to apply sufficiently in advance before the closing date.
- The exact date of written test/ interview shall be communicated separately. Any corrigendum/addendum etc. or updates with regard to this advertisement shall be made available on our website www.iocl.com or at (https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx) only. Candidates are thus advised to periodically visit our above website as all future correspondence and latest information with regards to written test/interview shall be only on our website and/ or the email provided by the candidate during application process.
- All the candidates are advised to keep the printout of the online application form for reference as candidates are required to quote their application no. and date of birth for downloading call letters from website www.iocl.com or at (https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx).
- Cut Off date: The candidate must possess the prescribed qualification, age etc. as on 31.10.2017.
- Candidates registered with Local/ State Employment Exchange (s)/Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Person with Disability (PWD) and meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, whose name are sponsored to IOCL against this notification are advised to apply Online, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
- Latest Caste certificate is to be produced by reserved category candidates in the proforma prescribed by the Govt. and issued by Competent Authority only.
- For Discipline codes 5, 10 & 18: PWD candidates with less than 40% of permanent disability are NOT eligible. The PWD candidates are required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority as per the Persons with Disabilities (equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Amended Rules, 2009, failing which their candidature as PWD candidates will not be considered. Persons with Disabilities [OH and HH] must be capable of performing the task assigned to them / take instructions using suitable aids and appliances.
- For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a latest caste certificate in the proforma prescribed by Govt. of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (creamy layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08.09.1993. Candidates belonging to OBC category but failing in creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation benefits. Accordingly such candidates may choose to apply for the positions provided they meet the age criteria applicable to UR candidates and indicate their category as “UR”. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. being a Central Public Sector Undertaking, only those communities that are mentioned in the common list of OBC approved by Central Government shall be treated as OBC for the purpose of reservation.
- Candidates have to apply for ANY ONE TRADE/ DISCIPLINE ONLY. Candidates applying for more than one Trade/ discipline will not be considered and their applications will be summarily rejected.
How to apply:
Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria may visit our website www.iocl.com or at
(https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx) and apply on-line from 03.11.2017 to 13.11.2017. Only online mode of applications will be accepted.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 03.11.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 13.11.2017
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form