Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) invites application for the post of 330 Assistant Engineer. Apply Online before 26 March 2018. Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
TNPSC Job Details:
1.Post Name: Assistant Engineer
No. of Vacancy: 330 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.9300-34800/-
Grade Pay: Rs.5100/-
Educational Qualification: B.E degree in Civil/Electrical Engineering or A pass in Sections A and B of the Institution Examination with Civil/ Electrical Engineering as a subject.
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to this recruitment except for the shortfall vacancies for the said post.
- In G.O.(Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Applicants claiming this reservation should have joined and studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the University examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the Applicants with PSTM Certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM Applicants but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the applicant in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution when called for by the Commission. (For further details refer para 27 (XIX) of “Instructions to Applicants”).
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts are purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed at Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- As per Section 26 and 27(c) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016, reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” will not apply to this recruitment.
- If the post is identified as suitable for Differently Abled Persons for any category the reservation of 4% for Differently Abled Persons as per G.O.Ms. No.21, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department dated 30.05.2017 will be made applicable. Hence the Differently Abled Persons may apply to this recruitment. Their application will be accepted subject to the orders to be issued by the Government. However, they can apply and should upload a copy of documents referred in para 14(b) of ‘Instructions to Applicants’ when called for.
- The Differently Abled persons should submit/upload copy of Differently Abled Certificate obtained from competent authority specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Whenever vacancies are reserved for women, if no qualified and suitable women applicants are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by other eligible applicants belonging to the respective communal categories.
How to Apply TNPSC Vacancy: Interested candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.tnpscexams.net from 28.02.2018 to 26.03.2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 28.02.2018
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 26.03.2018
Last Date for Payment of Fee through Bank: 28.03.2018
Date of Written Exam: 20.05.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form