Advt No.: 01/2015
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services
Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
ESSO-INCOIS, a knowledge and information technology enterprise for the oceanic realm is pursuing focused programmes in the areas of Ocean Observations, Ocean Modeling and Ocean Information & Advisory services including Tsunami Early Warning. ESSO-INCOIS is currently offering the following Temporary positions to bright, dynamic and motivated persons to contribute to its missions and projects. The temporary positions are on
CONTRACT MODE, and the initial tenure would be for a period of one year and extendable based on the need of project and performance of the candidate. Details about the positions, cumulative monthly emoluments, academic qualifications, responsibilities, format of application and other general conditions are given below:
1.Post Name: Project Scientist ‘B’
No. of Vacancy: 05 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.55860/- (Per Month)
2.Post Name: Project Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 13 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.35910/- (Per Month)
3.Post Name: Junior Office Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 01 Post
Pay Scale: Rs.30218/- (Per Month)
- For Project Scientist ‘B’: M.Sc/M.Tech/BE/B.Tech in relevant discipline or MCA from a recognized university with a first class (minimum of 60% of marks) in the qualifying degree.
- For Office Assistant: B.Sc. with Physics or Mathematics or Computers as major subject from a recognized university / institute with at least first class or Diploma in relevant discipline or Master’s Degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the Degree level.
- For Junior Office Assistant: A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Applications should be submitted online in the prescribed format. Applications that are not submitted in the prescribed format will not be considered. The candidate’s age should not exceed the age limit mentioned above as on date of closure of application i.e. August 24, 2017. However, in case of SC / ST / OBC / Ex-servicemen, PH candidates, relaxation in age limit is allowed as per Govt. of India rules. The Secretary, MoES/ Chairman, ESSO-INCOIS Governing Council may relax the upper age limit for all categories of posts in case of highly experienced candidates in specialized scientific/ technical areas.
- Experience will be counted from the date of acquiring the essential academic qualifications. The experience, relevant to the requirement of job or research or teaching will only be considered towards the total period of experience. Doctorate degree in the relevant field required for the post will count as 3 years of experience.
- All positions involve 24 X 7 operations and hence selected candidates are required to work in shift duties (also during holidays, including Saturday and Sundays, festivals, national holidays, etc.), if assigned, and also to participate in various field programmes on board research vessels, boats, at various coastal locations, etc or any other works assigned to him/her from time-to-time by Director, ESSO-INCOIS / Group Head / Scientist In-charge.
- The selected candidates have to submit a medical insurance policy (for self)for a minimum value of Rs.2.50 lakhs at the time of joining which should be valid for the tenure at INCOIS.
- The broad responsibilities of the selected candidates from Scientific / technical fields will be collection of oceanography data through various platforms, data processing, analyzing and dissemination of the data, modeling, quality control and analysis of data, spectrum analysis, operationalization and automation of high resolution models, development of user specific operational oceanographic products, digitization of historical data, archiving, retrieving and maintenance of the heterogeneous oceanographic/atmospheric data collection platforms and communication systems. Also includes interaction with various user community including research and academia, carry out various R&D projects as per the mandate of the organisation and as assigned by Director, ESSO-INCOIS / Group Head / Scientist In-charge.
How to Apply INCOIS Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website www.incois.gov.in/ on or before 24.08.2017. thereafter link will be disabled.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 24.08.2017.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form