Notice No. SER/P-HQ/PERS/Act Apprentices/2017-18
South Eastern Railway
Office of the Chief Personnel Officer
Garden Reach, Kolkata-700043
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates who are Indian nationals for engagement/ training as Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules, 1992, as amended from time to time, in Workshops and other establishments of South Eastern Railway. Applications must be submitted online and no other mode of submission of the same would be entertained.
South Eastern Railway Job Details:
1.Post Name: Act Apprentice
No. of Vacancy: 1785 Posts
Pay Scale: Not Specified
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Candidates enlisted as explained above in para 2.2, will be called for Document Verification to the extent of 1.5 times of the notified vacancies in the respective communities.
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidate with older age shall be preferred. In case where the dates of birth are the same, the candidate who passed Matriculation examination earlier shall be considered.
- The selected candidates will have to pass the prescribed medical examination and physical fitness, as outlined in Schedule II of Apprenticeship Rules,1992 and as laid down by the relevant Medical Manual, before engagement, for which the candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs.24/- towards medical examination fees.
- The candidates finally engaged will be provided Stipends at the prescribed rate as per the provision.
- Training in Railway establishments under the Apprentices Act, 1961 does not, by itself, confer any right, whatsoever, for appointment in railway services by default. However, 20% of the vacancies notified to be filled up in erstwhile Gr.D category posts (Grade Pay – Rs.1800/-) shall be filled up by giving preference to the Course Completed Act Apprentices trained in railway establishments and possessing National Apprenticeship Certificates granted by NCVT, subject to such candidates found suitable in other aspects and they having scored the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination.
- Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility criteria. If at any later stage, the particulars furnished by the candidate reveals to be not conforming, his engagement will be terminated forthwith. All Annexures in the given formats for claiming fees exemption must be uploaded.
- The South Eastern Railway administration does not take any responsibility for sending replies to the candidates not selected or not called for.
- In matters of determining the eligibility and admitting the candidature of the applicants, the decision of the RRC/SER shall be final.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting the link htpp://recruit-app.com/actapprentices_ser_2017-18 on the official website of South Eastern Railway www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in . They must go through the detailed instructions before filling up the online applications. All relevant items must be carefully filled up by the candidate himself. The particulars like the Name, Date of Birth, etc must match with the same that have been recorded in the Matriculation certificate.
- The candidates should fill the relevant columns regarding their community (SC/ST/OBC) and physical disability, if any, and upload the necessary certificates in the format given in the Annexures to this notification. There would be options for exercising preference for engagement/training in the Training establishments as mentioned in para 1 above depending on the disciplines/trades in which the candidate has obtained the ITI qualification. The candidates should carefully exercise their preferences for the same. However, the allotment of the Training establishment is strictly as per merit and available vacancies in respective communities. Efforts will, however, be made to accommodate the candidates in the next preferred establishments, though there cannot be any claim for allotment of a particular training unit in favour of a candidate. The candidates not exercising any option can be given any of the vacant slots in the given community after all such slots are filled up by the candidates who have exercised their preferences.
- Interested candidates may apply Online through the website http://www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in on or before 04.12.2017 to 02.01.2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 04.12.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 02.01.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form