Advt. No. CC/02/2018 dtd.22.01.2018
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL)
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete
inter-State transmission system. POWERGRID operates around 1,42,989 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 226 Sub-stations (as on 30.09.2017) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates
approximately 43,450 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 662 locations and intra-city network in 105 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 26,581 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 7,520 Crore (FY: 2016 – 17).
PGCIL Job Details:
1.Post Name: Assistant Engineer Trainee (Electrical)
No. of Vacancy: 100 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.24500/- (Per Month)
2.Post Name: Assistant Engineer Trainee (Civil)
No. of Vacancy: 20 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.24500/- (Per Month)
- For Assistant Engineer Trainee (Electrical): B.E./ B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg.) in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering with Minimum 65% Marks and Valid Score in GATE 2017 Paper Code EE.
- For Assistant Engineer Trainee (Civil): B.E./ B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg.) in Civil Engineering with Minimum 65% Marks and Valid Score in GATE 2017 Paper Code CE.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Vacancies are for requirement all over the country, mostly on site locations. Selected candidates shall be posted for OJT and final postings accordingly.
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply for PGCIL Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website www.powergridindia.com from 17.01.2018 to 17.02.2018.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 17.01.2018
Last Date For Submission of Online Application: 17.02.2018
Last Date For Submission of Application fee: 17.02.2018
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form