Advt. No.: DR/TA2017
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, invites applications from candidates with following qualification for engagement as Apprentices in its Refineries under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 in the Disciplines mentioned below.
Educational Qualification, Provisional Number of seats in Apprentice category including likely reservation as per the prescribed reservation of the concerned state shall be as under:
For PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) category, Govt of India Guidelines shall apply. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories can apply against few identified seats under Codes 101, 102, 105 & 106 only.
IOCL Job Details:
1.Post Name: Trade Apprentice
No of Vacancy: 50 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.2500/- (Per Month)
2.Post Name: Technician Apprentice
No of Vacancy: 80 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.2500/- (Per Month)
- For Trade Apprentice: 3 yrs. Full time B.Sc.(Phy, Maths, Chem,/Ind Chem) or Matric with 2(Two) year ITI(Fitter) course.
- For Technician Apprentice: 3 yrs. Full time Diploma in relevant Engg./Refinery & petrochemicals Engg)
- The prescribed qualification should be from a recognized Indian University/Institute as a regular full time B.Sc. Course (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry)/ Diploma course (including a sandwich diploma course with industrial training as part of the course; with no break) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST and PwBD category candidates) in aggregate. For ITI (Fitter), only a pass shall be eligible.
- Candidates possessing Diploma under recognized lateral entry scheme (Class–XII (Sc.)/ ITI admitted in 2nd year of Diploma course) shall also be considered eligible subject to meeting prescribed percentage of marks on the basis of aggregate of 4 semesters in the diploma course.
- Regular full time ITI (Fitter) course recognized by NCVT/SCVT shall be considered eligible.
- Qualification of MSc (Chemistry) shall not be considered a disqualification for codes 101 & 103. However, percentage requirement shall be applied on graduation level exam (BSc–PCM) only.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application.
- The Apprenticeship agreement shall be registered on-line with respective authorities.
How to apply:
- Indian Oil has Refineries at Guwahati, Digboi, Bongaigaon (all 3 in Assam) Barauni (Bihar), Vadodara (Gujarat), Haldia (West Bengal), Mathura (UP), Panipat (Haryana) and Paradip (Odisha).
- A candidate can apply for apprenticeship Training at Digboi Refinery by clicking on the link provided specifically for Digboi refinery, otherwise a candidate has the option to opt for any one of the Refinery units of Indian Oil Corporation Limited of his choice as given above.
- Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (on-line application portal) which shall open at 00.00 hours on 28/10/2017 and close at 00.00 hours on 11/11/2017.
- Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a seat ,may visit the website www.iocl.com go to ‘What’s New’ > click on Engagement of Apprentices 2017 in IOCL, Refineries Division. The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website / email / mobile phone. Applications submitted through on-line mode will only be accepted.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 28.10.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 11.11.2017
Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of Online Application: 18.11.2017
Date of Written Exam: 19.11.2017
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form