Short Service Commission , Jobs & Vacancy in Defence at Indian Army, Delhi Mar 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Join Indian Army as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer in Army Medical Corps
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals both male and female who have passed their final MBBS examination in first or second attempt and completed internship for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Medical Corps. Applicants for who have taken more than 2 chances in final MBBS need not apply.
Vacancies : 120 posts
Eligibility: Candidates must possess medical qualification. Post Graduate degree holders i.e. MD/ MS/ MCh/ DM may also apply. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/ MCI. Candidates who will be completing internship by the last date of submission of application may also apply.
Age : must not have attained 45 years of age on 31st Dec 2012.
Pay Band : PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 + Grade pay Rs.6100 + Military Service Pay (MSP) Rs.6000 + NPA @25% of Basic+Grade Pay+MSP and other
Fee : One DD of Rs.200/- payable at New Delhi in favour of “Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (APF Fund)”employment news
How to Apply : Candidates should apply to the Office of the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS)/ DG-1A, Ministry of Defence, ‘M’ Block, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi -110001, on a good quality A4 size plain paper giving particulars in the prescribed application
1. In case of UPSC Entries (NDA, IMA (DE) and OTA [SSC (Non Tech, men and women)], wait for the UPSC Advertisement in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar/ UPSC website.
2. 10+2 TES, TGC, SSC (Tech, men and women). Apply online through this website, after the advertisement is issued, within the period stipulated in the advertisement
3. Points To Note for Non-UPSC Entries. 10th Class Certificate, 12th Class Certificate and latest College education documents
4. If these are what you too are looking forward to, then Army is the profession for you, as these in the Army, compare far more than favourably with any other service.
5. For an effective career, a long-term strategy is essential and this is possible only if continuity and job security is assured. The Army has been structured to ensure that its personnel
6. Consequent to the Sixth Pay Commission salaries have shot up. While the pay and the allowances of an Army officer may superficially appear to be at par with
7. The above are entitled as per service conditions and qualifications acquired. Cadets at the IMA, OTA, Cadet Training Wing at CME, MCME, and MCTE get a fixed stipend of RS 2100/- PM.
8. As an Indian Army officer at 21, you’d be looking at a lifestyle that one cannot imagine in any other profession, so early in life.
9. Variety and adventure are the spice and romance of life. No profession has the kind of recreational and adventure facilities to offer as the Army does
10. All of us have our own opinion about what constitutes “social status”. However it is an undisputed fact that the status of a ‘warrior’ has stood the test of time.
11. Training is a judicious mix of technical, military and managerial instruction, in top class institutions run by the Army and a host of other prestigious institutes
12. Please fill all details mentioned in the online application form , failing which the application is liable to be rejected.
13. If candidate does not send the said documents by post to Recruiting Directorate. Does not carry the copy of online application & said documents to the Selection Centre for interview.
14. In case of any problem faced in applying online, please inform on telephone No 011-26175473 & 26173215, during office hours.
15. TGC candidates applying for Army Education Corps & Military farms are not permitted to apply online. They are advised to download “ Common Application Form”
16. Our representative wearing an arm band (TOP HALF RED and BOTTOM HALF BLACK with the inscription ‘SSB’) will be present at Movement Control Office (MCO)
17. Please note that no lunch will be provided by the Selection Centre on the day you report to the Selection Centre.
18. In case you are found unfit in the SMB, you are eligible for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) within 42 days from the date of approval of the SMB.
19. Any contravention of above orders or any act of indiscipline will invite immediate cancellation of candidature on disciplinary grounds.
20. Original/Provisional degree from the University/Institution and marks sheet of all the years/semesters along with a photocopy of each. Proof of identity with photograph such as voter ID
21. Candidates who have submitted their certificates and marksheets in college or institution for pursuing higher studies.
22. Candidates declared successful in the SSB interview are required to submit at the earliest a photocopy duly attested by Class-I Gazetted Officer of all such provisional degree/degree certificate, acquired after the SSB
23. No re-imbursement of rail/bus fares/ reservation-cum-sleeper charges will be permitted in the absence of original travel documents.
24. Warning. A candidate should withhold his move if he is a resident of Bangalore/Bhopal/ Allahabad, his permanent address is Bangalore/Bhopal/Allahabad
25. Service personnel only – In case you are already serving in the Army/ Navy/Air Force, this letter will be put up to your Officer Commanding and your move in connection
26. Physical conditioning- Candidates who qualify the SSB interview and medical examination are advised to follow the under mentioned regimen
27. The largest standing volunteer Army in the world has never had to scour the populace for draft or conscription. There are always more men eager to don olive green than the demand at any one time.
28. Indian Army Headquarters began its life in the Red Fort – Delhi. Imposing edifice that it is, it was hardly suitable to house a complex entity such as this.
29. The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) wears multiple hats. To the entire army, now some 1.1 million men and women strong, he is the Chief.
30. The Army has in its Order of Battle, mountain divisions, infantry divisions, armoured divisions (in which tank units predominate) and mechanized divisions (in which mechanized infantry units predominate).
Tentative Last Date:20-04-2012
About the organization:
Grit and experience affect the growth of an institution. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine. Changing times bring changing needs. Battle training must tell also on the structuring of the army, for it is this function that extracts the most from the assets available, both men and material. A look at the command and structuring of the Indian Army shows how finely these have been tuned to meet India’s threat perceptions, based on the experience of the major wars that it has fought and the present-day geo-political context. The largest standing volunteer Army in the world has never had to scour the populace for draft or conscription. There are always more men eager to don olive green than the demand at any one time. But this does not reflect a situation where a large unemployed workforce would get into uniform to keep body and soul together. More to the point is the basic attitude of our people to the call of arms, discovered also by the British, some three centuries before. There are very many who join up for long service tenures under the colours, by inclination and choice – also familial habit and honour. If a young man or woman, sound of body and mind, and of Indian origin, is inclined to spend most of his useful working years in the kind of desolation that the country’s Field areas’ adjoining the borders provide, can he or she cannot be refused. For the purpose of recruitment, the country is divided into recruiting zones. Every zone is allotted a quota for recruitment based on a percentage of its population and ethnic grouping. A legacy, slowly being diluted, is that of combat arm units or regiments recruiting from a particular zone or mixture of ethnic groups. Once a man has joined up, it is for keeps. Many fall out at the basic training stage when they find that there is much more to it than getting into a smart uniform.
Click above to download
the vacancy details