Constable (Tradesmen), Jobs & Vacancy in Judicial at Border Security Force, Delhi May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for appointment for the following posts of Constables in BSF :
Constable (Tradesmen) : 3277 posts (UR-1654, SC-492, ST-246, OBC-885) in various Trades, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 grade pay Rs. 2000/-, Age : 18-23 years as on 01/08/2012.
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be sent to the respective IG BSF in different States of India as per the details given
1. The Border Security Force will be completing 46 years of dedicated & glorious service to the Nation on 01st Dec’ 2011.
2. On 1st Nov’ 2011, I took the charge as DG BSF. I feel privileged and proud, to have been given the honour of commanding this elite force of 169 Battalions, which has its own Air and Water Wings, Artillery Regiments and can rightly boast of its Training Institutes. The force which grew from 25 Battalions in the year 1965 is presently the largest Border Guarding force of the world.karnataka government jobs
3. Since its inception, the BSF has played a key role in nation’s security. The rich & valiant contribution of BSF during the Indo-Pak war of 1971, in fighting insurgency & militancy in Punjab, J & K and North- East and recently in the areas affected by Left Wing Extremism not only highlights the glorious past but encourages us to strive for greater heights in future.
4. The days ahead are full of challenges and we should be ready to thwart the nefarious threats from antinational elements. I am sure, with our determined & dedicated efforts we will rise to the challenges and will continue to serve the Nation with utmost sincerity & dedication.
5. The key to success of a force with such vast responsibilities as the BSF is patriotism, integrity and commitment to give the best possible performance by each member of the force. I shall expect this commitment from all officers and men as the Nation expects and deserves the best from us.
6.Today, on this 46th BSF Raising Day, let us resolve, to continue to serve the Nation with honour and glory and achieve the highest standard of professional efficiency and maintain the most cordial relations with border population.
Tentative Last Date:11-06-2012
About the organization:
The Central Reserve Police Force came into existence as Crown Representative’s Police on 27th July 1939. It became the Central Reserve Police Force on enactment of the CRPF Act on 28th December 1949. It has completed 60 years of glorious history. The Force has grown into a big organization with 207 Bn, (including 181 executive Bns, 2 Mahila Bns, 10 RAF Bns, 6 CoBRA Bns, 2 DM (NDRF) Bns, 5 Signal Bns and 1 Special Duty Group), 37 Group Centres, 11 Training Institutions, 2 CWS, 7 AWS, 3 SWS, 4 Composite Hospitals of 100 bed and 17 Composite Hospitals of 50 bed.10 Coys of CRPF are deployed for the security of three sensitive shrines i.e. Krishna Janma Bhoomi, Shahi Idgah Masjid complex (Mathura), Ram Janma Bhoomi- Barbi Masjid complex (Ayodhya) and Kashi Vishwanath Temple- Gyanvapi Mosque (Varanasi). 4 Coys of the Force are deputed for the security of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, Katra, Jammu (J&K).CRPF is the only Para Military Force in the Country which has two Mahila (Ladies) Battalions. After its training in March 1987, 88(M) Bn won laurels for its work assisting the Meerut riots and later with the IPKF in Srilanka. Personnel of second Mahila battalion (135 Bn) performed creditably during the Lok Sabha elections 1996 in many states. At present mahila personnel are deployed in active duty in Jammu & Kashmir, Ayodhya, Manipur, Assam and other parts of the country where they are doing commendable job. In addition each RAF battalion has a Mahila (Ladies) component consisting of 96 personnel.With increasing participation of women in politics, agitation and crime, policemen have been feeling handicapped in handling women agitations especially because even a small, real or alleged misdemeanour on their part in dealing with any matter related to women has the potential of turning into a serious law & order problem. To cope with such eventualities the first Mahila Bn in CRPF, the 88(M) Bn was created in 1986 with HQR in Delhi. The successful experiment of the 88 (Mahila) Bn and the ever increasing requirement of a Mahila component in dealing with emerging law and order situation necessitated the raising of the second Mahila Bn the 135(M) Bn with HQR at Gandhinagar (Guj). in 1995.The RAF was raised by converting 10 existing CRPF Bns. Young CRPF personnel with quick reflexes, maturity and un-biased views were selected and posted to these Bns. Five Bns became functional during October 1992 while the remaining five became operational in April 1994.
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
Directorate General Border Security Force (BSF)
Click above to download
the vacancy details