Short Service Commission, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at INDIAN ARMY, Delhi Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders
NCC Special Entry Scheme 33rd Course Commencing April-2013 Short Service Commission (SSC) (Non-Technology) (OTA, Chennai) for Male & Female
The Indian Army is looking for a few good Men and Women. For the best and the brighest amongst you. For men/women with intellect, idealism and courage. Applications are invited from unmarried/married male and unmarried female or widow of defence candidates for for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army.
Vacancies : 58 posts [50 posts for male and 08 posts for women (10% reserved for wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)]
Age : Not below 19 years and not over 25 years (not born earlier than 02 July 1988 and not later than 01 July 1994)
The Criteria of NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders to appear directly for SSB for SSC (Non-Technical) at Officers Training Academy, Chennai : (i) Educational Qualification : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all years. (ii) Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division of NCC (iii) Grading : Should have minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.andhra pradesh government jobs
Wards of Battle Casualties : Holding of NCC ‘C’ Certificate at the time of filling of applications not required. Wards of Battle Casualties send their applications direct to Addl. Dte. Gen of Recruiting, Recruiting NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed/ wounded/ reported missing in action issued by MP/Dte/ Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as Battle Casualtieis in case of Service/Medically boarded out pers. Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte 15/08/2012 for this category.
Pay Scale & Stipend : Stipend during the period of training is Rs.21000/-. On completion they will be commissioned as Lt in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 wth Grade Pay 5400 and MSP Rs.6000/- and other allowances.
Method of Selection : All Applications in the prescribed format will be forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/GP HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to Hq DG NCC. On arrival at the SSB, the Shortlisted candidates will be administered stage-1 of the two stage testing procedure.
Medical Examination : Candidates recommended by the SSB will go under Medical Examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
How to Apply: Apply on the plain paper as per the prescribed format. Applications should be posted to the Units from where the NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued. Applications of candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by the commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC West Block- IV , R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066. All NCC units will forward the application to DDG, NCC of the concerned state. DDG NCC will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC.
1.Please fill all details mentioned in the online application form , failing which the application is liable to be rejected.
2. After applying online candidates are requested to take a print out of online application, paste his/her photograph in the space provided duly attested by gazetted officer. Sign the application in blue ink at the space provided and sent it alongwith attested copies of educational/required certificates to Recruiting Directorate by post on the address mentioned in the advertisement published for the entry “ADG Rtg (Rtg-6), TGC/SSC(T)/SSCW(T)/10+2 TES Section(As relevant to the entry), West Block 3, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066.
3. Candidates are also required to carry one more ink signed copy of the application without fail alongwith the photograph(attested by Gazetted Officer) pasted on it, required original educational certificates and with a valid proof of identity to the Selection Centre when called for the interview. Candidature of a candidate will be cancelled
4. It may be noted that depending upon the total number of applications received by this office for 10+2 TES Course/Technical Graduate Course(TGC) /Short Service Commission Technical(SSC Tech) Men &Short Service Commission Technical(SSC Tech) Women, Recruiting Directorate reserves the right to shortlist and to fix cut off percentage of PCM marks for SSB interview. No representation will be entertained in this aspect.
5. Call up for SSB tests will be sent to you by SMS/post and dates will also be hosted on the website. Original and attested copies certificates will be brought to the Selection Centers as per the call up instructions.
6. In case of any problem faced in applying online, please inform on telephone No 011-26175473 & 26173215, during office hours.
7. For Candidates of TGC/SSC(T)/SSCW(T) Only For candidates in final year, a copy of the certificate from the Principal of the College/University on Official College Stationery as under is required to be enclosed
8. TGC candidates applying for Army Education Corps & Military farms are not permitted to apply online. They are advised to download “ Common Application Form” given in downloads on the Website and forward it duly filled by post to the address mentioned in the advertisement.
Tentative Last Date:01-10-2012
About the organization:
Grit and experience affect the growth of an institution. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine.Changing times bring changing needs. Battle training must tell also on the structuring of the army, for it is this function that extracts the most from the assets available, both men and material. A look at the command and structuring of the Indian Army shows how finely these have been tuned to meet India’s threat perceptions, based on the experience of the major wars that it has fought and the present-day geo-political context.The largest standing volunteer Army in the world has never had to scour the populace for draft or conscription. There are always more men eager to don olive green than the demand at any one time. But this does not reflect a situation where a large unemployed workforce would get into uniform to keep body and soul together. More to the point is the basic attitude of our people to the call of arms, discovered also by the British, some three centuries before.
NCC West Block- IV ,
R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066
Click above to download
the vacancy details