24th University Entry Scheme (24 UES) for Permanent Commission , Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Indian Army, Delhi Sep 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from unmarried male Engineering Degree students studying during academic session 2013-14 for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army in all Arms/Service in 24th UES :
Vacancies : 60 posts (for UES) (Civil-15, Architecture-2, Mechanical-6, Production -3,
Automobile Engg. -2, Aeronautical/ Aerospace/ Avionics -2, Mettallurgical/ Mettallurgical & Explosives -2, Electrical / Electrical & Electronics -6, Electronics -7, Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Satellite Communication -8, Food Tech./ Bio Tech -2, Information Technology/ Computer Sc. & Engg./ Computer Technology/ M.Sc. (Computer) -5)
Age : Not below 18 years and not over 25 years
Physical Standard: As applicable to the regular army [Height-157.5 cm, For Gorkhas and individuals belongings to hills of North Easter region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less. For candidates from Lakshadweep the height will be reduced by 2 cms.
Pay Scale : The Indian Army offers pay scale PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 grade pay Rs.5400/- plus MSP Rs.6000/- plus allowances
How to Apply: Apply on the plain paper as per the prescribed format. The envelope (white) containing the application should be Superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the branch of Engineering applied for i.e ‘ Applications for 22 UES Entry : ……… Engineering. Send your application so as to reach respective Command HQ at the following address on or before 28/10/2013. Two unstamped self addressed envelop to receive an interview call letter should also be enclosed with the application.
HQ Northern Command (A Branch), C/o 56 APO – for students studying in the State of J&K
HQ Western Command (A Brnach), Chandimandir, Pin-134107. For students studying in states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Chandigarh.
HQ South Western Command (A Branch), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Pin-302012. For students studying in the state of Rajasthan.
HQ Southern Command (A Branch), Pune (Maharasthra), Pin-411001. For studying in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnatak, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Daman, Diu, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Kerala.
HQ Eastern Command (A Branch), Kolkata (West Bengal), Pin-700021. For students studying in the states of West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Andaman and Nicobar.
HQ Central Command (A Branch), Lucknow (UP), Pin-226002. For students studying in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh .
1. An officer in the Indian Army inherits glorious heritage and timeless traditions, blended perfectly with the latest technology in the fields of management, engineering and medical sciences. It offers a golden opportunity to be a part of the world’s finest
2. Apart from attractive pay and perks, Army offers you the best in Life Style, even better than all other professions. Be it the social interaction, finest clubs, golf courses, medical facilities and ample opportunities to indulge in adventure and sports, Army has it all.employment news
3. A Permanent Commission means a career in the Army till you retire. For a Permanent commission you have to join the National Defence Academy or the Indian Military Academy.
4. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun Indian Military Academy is yet another cradle of leadership. There are four main entries to get into IMA. In your final year of Graduation,
5. You also have the option of joining the Army and serving as a Commissioned Officer for 10 years. At the end of this period you have two options. Either elect for a Permanent Commission or opt out.
6. Short Service Commission For Women (Officers) The Indian Army also has women officers. You can take up the challenge of Short Service Commission and prove to the world and when it comes to courage and leadership, you’re second to none.
7. Grit and experience affect the growth of an institution. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine.
Tentative Last Date: 28-10-2013
About the organization:
Grit and experience affect the growth of an institution. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine. Changing times bring changing needs. Battle training must tell also on the structuring of the army, for it is this function that extracts the most from the assets available, both men and material. A look at the command and structuring of the Indian Army shows how finely these have been tuned to meet India’s threat perceptions, based on the experience of the major wars that it has fought and the present-day geo-political context. The largest standing volunteer Army in the world has never had to scour the populace for draft or conscription. There are always more men eager to don olive green than the demand at any one time. But this does not reflect a situation where a large unemployed workforce would get into uniform to keep body and soul together. More to the point is the basic attitude of our people to the call of arms, discovered also by the British, some three centuries before. There are very many who join up for long service tenures under the colours, by inclination and choice – also familial habit and honour. If a young man or woman, sound of body and mind, and of Indian origin, is inclined to spend most of his useful working years in the kind of desolation that the country’s Field areas’ adjoining the borders provide, can he or she cannot be refused. For the purpose of recruitment, the country is divided into recruiting zones. Every zone is allotted a quota for recruitment based on a percentage of its population and ethnic grouping.
Click above to download
the vacancy details