Airman in Group ‘X’ (Technical), Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Indian Air Force, Delhi May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Indian Air Force (IAF) invites applications from unmarried male candidates for selection test in August 2012 to join as Airman in Group ‘X’ (Technical) Trades.
Qualification : Intermediate or 10+2 or Equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with a minimum of 50% marks. OR Three years Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile or Computer Science or Instrumentation Technology or Information Technology) with at least 50% marks, Age : 17 to 22 Years. Born between 01 October 1991 and 30 Novemeber 1995 (both date inclusive)
Training : Initial Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) will be provided at Airmen Training School, Belgaum (Karnataka) for 12 weeks. After it Trade Training will be provided.
Selection Procedure : Written Test : Test will be held during August 2012. Physical Fitness Test (PFT) : those who pass written test will undertake Physical Fitness Test. It consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 8 min., Interview : Those who pass both the written and PFT will be called for interview.
How to Apply : candidate must indicate three choices of the examination centre in order of preference. Application form which is predefined should be typed on A4 size paper only. . Application should be sent to residentCentral Airmen Selection BoardPost Box No. 11807, New Delhi – 110010himachal government jobs
1. Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years. Initially candidates will be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) for 12 weeks at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum (Karnataka).
2. You will maintain power supply system of latest types of aircraft, airborne missiles and associated ground systems. You will also maintain photo equipment mounted on air borne weapon systems and operate ground based photo systems.
3. You are responsible for the maintenance and servicing of airframes and their accessories, components and controls of an aircraft. Regular checks for the entire hydraulic and pneumatic system to ensure proper functioning against leaks are also part of your duties.
4. You will repair and maintain mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems of airborne missiles, engines, automobiles and aircraft fuelling equipment. Complete aircraft ground support equipment will also be repaired and maintained by you.
5. Perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical facilities, Accommodation, CSD (Canteen) facilities, Leave (60 days Annual and 30 days Casual in a Calendar year as a privilege),
Tentative Last Date:25-05-2012
About the organization:
The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932.Its first ac flight came into being on 01 Apr 1933. It possessed a strength of six RAF-trained officers and 19 Havai Sepoys (literally, air soldiers). The aircraft inventory comprised of four Westland Wapiti IIA army co-operation biplanes at Drigh Road as the “A” Flight nucleus of the planned No.1 (Army Co- operation) Squadron.Four-and-a-half years later, “A” Flight was in action for the first time from Miranshah, in North Waziristan, to support Indian Army operations against insurgent Bhittani tribesmen. Meanwhile, in April 1936, a “B” Flight had also been formed on the vintage Wapiti. But, it was not until June 1938 that a “C” Flight was raised to bring No. 1 Squadron ostensibly to full strength, and this remained the sole IAF formation when World War II began, although personnel strength had by now risen to 16 officers and 662 men.Problems concerning the defence of India were reassessed in 1939 by the Chatfield Committee.
INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF)
Post Box No. 11807, New Delhi – 110010
Click above to download
the vacancy details