Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) is a Public Sector Undertaking engaged in mining of coal and allied activities. It occupies an important place in as much as it produces bulk of the coking coal mined in the country. BCCL meets almost 50% of the total prime coking coal requirement of the integrated steel sector.
BCCL was incorporated in January, 1972 to operate coking coal mines (214 Nos) operating in the Jharia & Raniganj Coalfields, taken over by the Govt. of India on 16th Oct,1971 to ensure planned development of the scarce coking coal resources in the country. Currently, the Company operates 81 coal mines which include 40 underground, 18 opencast & 23 mixed mines as on 01.04.2010. The Company also runs 6 coking coal washeries, 2 non-coking coal washeries. The mines are grouped into 13 areas for administrative convenience.
The total manpower as on 1.4.05 was 92,268 and as on 01.03.2010 is 72,222.
सुरक्षा, संरक्षण और गुणवत्ता को सम्यक प्रतिष्ठा प्रदान करते हुए कुशलतापूर्वक और मितव्ययता के साथ योजनाबद्ध परिमाण में कोयले का उत्पादन करना है ।
Product & Services
COKING COAL :
These coals, when heated in the absence of air, form coherent beads, free from volatiles, with strong and porous mass, called coke.
* These have coking properties
* Mainly used in steel making and metallurgical industries
* Also used for hard coke manufacturing
SEMI COKING COAL :
These coals, when heated in the absence of air, form coherent beads not strong enough to be directly fed into the blast furnace. Such coals are blended with coking coal in adequate proportion to make coke.
* These have comparatively less coking properties than coking coal
* Mainly used as blend-able coal in steel making, merchant coke manufacturing and other metallurgical industries
NLW COKING COAL :
These coals are having inferior coking properties to the medium coking coal but produce weak coke. They are, however, useful for production of metallurgical coke in blends with matching metallurgical coals.
NON-COKING COAL :
These are coals without coking properties.
* Mainly used as thermal grade coal for power generation
* Also used for cement, fertilizer, glass, ceramic, paper, chemical and brick manufacturing, and for other heating purposes
HARD COAL :
Hard coke is formed from coking / semi-coking coal through the process of carbonisation.
* Mainly used in metallurgical industries
* Also used in industrial plants utilising furnaces
WASHED AND BENEFICIATED COAL :
These coals have undergone the process of coal washing or coal beneficiation, resulting in value addition of coal due to reduction in ash percentage.
* Used in manufacturing of hard coke for steel making
* Beneficiated and washed non-coking coal is used mainly for power generation
* Beneficiated non-coking coal is used by cement, sponge iron and other industrial plants
Middlings are by-products of the three stage coal washing / beneficiation process, as a fraction of feed raw coal.
* Used for power generation
* Also used by domestic fuel plants, brick manufacturing units, cement plants, industrial plants, etc.
Rejects are the products of coal beneficiation process after separation of cleans and / or middlings, as a fraction of feed raw coal.
* Used for Fluidized Bed Combustion (FBC) Boilers for power generation, road repairs, briquette (domestic fuel) making, land filling, etc.
CIL COKE / LTC COKE :
CIL Coke / LTC Coke is a smokeless, environment friendly product of the Dankuni Coal Complex, obtained through low temperature carbonisation.
* Used in furnaces and kilns of industrial units
* Also used as domestic fuel by halwais, hotels, etc.
COAL FINES / COKE FINES :
These are the screened fractions of feed raw coal and LTC coke / CIL Coke respectively, obtained from the Dankuni Coal Complex and other coke oven plants.
* Used in industrial furnaces as well as for domestic purposes
TAR / HEAVY OIL / LIGHT OIL / SOFT PITCH :
These are products from Dankuni Coal Complex using low temperature carbonisation of non-coking coal in vertical retorts.
* Used in furnaces and boilers of industrial plants as well as power houses, oil, dye, pharmaceutical industries, etc.
Jobs in BCCL
click above to apply to
vacancy in bharat cooking coal